Know How To Clean Wood Kitchen Cabinets?
Kitchen cabinets are more exposed to dirt and bacteria than other kitchen materials and appliances. Opening and closing of cabinet by you and your children many times a day, grease from cooking and condensation from outside temperatures, all these factors affect your kitchen cabinet. Therefore cleaning cabinets on regular basis is important. You should clean them on a weekly, if not daily, basis. But while cleaning cabinets, you are confused on how to clean and even you are not sure about which material to be used while cleaning cabinets. So here are some tips that will help you to clean your cabinets properly.
Things you require to clean your cabinet
- Cleaner that you thing will work best to clean your cabinet.
- Clean and dry cloth.
- Toothbrush or small scrub brush.
Tips on how to clean
- Wet a toothbrush or small scrub brush in diluted oil soap to spot- treat stains and drips.
- Scrub around the hardware edges on your cabinets and in the corners of the cabinet facing.
- Spray or wipe cabinet fronts one at a time by using your cleaner.
- Take care of each drawer and door while you are wiping.
Some other things use can use to clean your cabinet
- Detergent- You can use detergent and water to clean your wood cabinets. Mix two cups of water with every cup of detergent. After applying this solution, clean it down with a slightly wet cloth and then wipe down with a separate dry cloth.
- Vinegar- Use mixture of vinegar and water if you don’t have liquid based detergent as it is good for removing dirt caused by dirty hands.
- Baking soda- You can also use baking soda for cleaning your cabinet as it can remove hardest of the strains. To clean cabinet with baking soda, first make a paste of baking soda and water by mixing both of them and then wipe it clean with a wet cloth.
Things to avoid
- Do not allow water, chemicals and hot or acid food spills to set on your cabinets and wipe them immediately as they can damage the wood.
- Always use a soft cloth. Do not use rough or harsh cloth as it can leave scratches on the wood that cannot be removed.
- Do not use products like solvent based or petroleum based such as nail polish removers or paint thinners.
- Do not use cleaning products that contain ammonia.
- Do not use cleaning products that include bleach.
- Do not use waxing or polishing products as wax builds up on the surface and causes yellowing.
- You can use high quality lemon oil that is specially prepared for the wood but only once per year.
- Be sure that you are not placing too heavy load on shelves and drawer bottoms as it can shorten the life of moving parts.
Using these handy tips to clean your wooden kitchen cabinets, will not only save your money, it will also take care of your family’s health throughout the year.
Oops!! Something's Missing
Please create a form in " MailChimp for WordPress Lite" plugin before using this shortcode.